Old July 3rd 05, 11:24 AM
Cub Driver

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:53:56 -0500, wrote:

My question is : How many people still fly after five years and
haven't/don't own an airplane?

Not long after I got my ticket, the same instructor (he became
stereotyped, and got all the old farts as students) had a guy who was
so enthusiastic that he bought a Cub while in training. It was a bad
scene because the FAA took six months to cough out his physical.

But all's swell that ends swell. He got the ticket and decided to
up-engine the Cub. It proved such an expensive project that he invited
the instructor to come in with him as half-owner, so John wrote him a
check.

But then the newly minted pilot and up-engined Cub owner never was
able to find time to fly. The result is that John for all practical
purpose has the plane all to himself.

So there you a a guy who bought a plane and doesn't fly any more.
While am I am still flying, never having owned one.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email
(put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum: