Old July 17th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Default Husky vs J3

In article ,
"BDS" wrote:

I am going to be transitioning from a J3 to a Husky A1-C. I have quite a
bit of complex experience but it is all in tricycle gear aircraft - the J3
is the only taildragger I've flown to date. Anyone out there with Husky
time want to comment on what to expect?

Heavier, more inertia to overcome.
The shovels on the ailerons reduce the roll stick forces at cruise.
Watch out for the flap hinges when walking under the wings. There is a
reason they have red/white stripes painted on them. Watch out for the
shovels, also. The do make excellent beer holders at the end of the day.