Old September 16th 04, 06:42 PM
Leslie Swartz

HOWEVER

You continue to represent a certain table as "The nationwide Popular Vote"
when the nationwide popular vote isn't even counted.

That's a lie; or at least misrepresenting "X" as "Y."

Steve Swartz

"Jack G" wrote in message
Which was exactly the point I tried to make to ART. Believe me, I know
how
the President is elected.

Jack G.
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"Jack G" wrote in message
I never mentioned Electoral votes in my post. The topic of Art's post

was
the popular vote.

Then you are wasting your breath--the nationwide popular vote does not

mean
squat.

Brooks

Jack G.
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"Jack G" wrote in message
From http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/2000presgeresults.htm

Popular Vote:

Bush: 50,456,002 47.87%
Go 50,999,897 48.38%

Looks like more to me!

Uhmmm...I believe his point is in regards to the votes that actually
count--the Electoral College ones. ISTR Bush got more of those?

Brooks

Jack G.

"Leslie Swartz" wrote in message
Do your homework.

"Jack G" wrote in message
Art, can you name the other presidents who were elected with

less
than
majority of the popular vote? Or have you forgotten them?

Jack G.