Old July 4th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Default who here works for Garmin Inc?

Dunno about exciting, but I just downloaded the latest operating system
yesterday on the 296, ver 4.2, and then down loaded a fresh database...
Upon restart the box cheerfully announced that it has NO terrain
database to be found... hmmm, durned gremlins...

Called Garmin, the tech allowed as how he had never heard of that
one... We downloaded a fresh $150 terrain database on Garmin's nickle
and all is well in Mudville tonight... Ya gotta be careful when you
depend upon boxes that run on magic smoke... If the magic leaks out on
a dark and stormy night you are in trouble...

denny