Old January 11th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Backup vacuum systems

My thinking is the electrically driven BU vac/pressure pump is 1st choice
for BU. This setup gives me my autopilot. If I only had the electric AI, I
have no A/P on failure. Yes, the electric AI is good 2nd BU for me.

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

ps: See thread in rec.av....ifr about my recent loss of BOTH primary and BU
on the same flight within 5 minutes of each other. Hence the Sporty's
electric AI on order.

I've owned the Precise Flight and it's OK for what it does, but it has too
many limitations for the price (both first cost and maintenance). Spring
for an electric AI.

Dave