Old July 19th 19, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Wanted urgently: A DAR-T that is prepared to help

On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 4:33:11 AM UTC-6, Ross wrote:
I have purchased a sailplane in the US and am struggling with German authorities to get it certified due to their requirements.
The aircraft in question hasn't flown for 8 years and is not airworthy and I require a statement from a DAR-T saying just that.
Is there anyone that can help me on this?

https://www.faa.gov/other_visit/avia...tdirectory.pdf is a bit dated but lists DAR-T's by state. Seems they might be listed by aircraft type, so glider qualified may be a subset of this list. Of the DAR's in Colorado at the time, the one I used was the only one with a glider qualification. Perhaps one of those listed in Germany can assist with identifying someone in the US.

Good luck,

Frank Whiteley