Old July 19th 19, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted urgently: A DAR-T that is prepared to help

I imported a broken glider from Canada and our FAA said I needed an Airworthiness For Export Certificate, but the ship was not airworthy! What to do? I wrote a letter to Transport Canada and explained the situation, requesting they notify our FAA that the ship in question (C number and serial number) had not been destroyed as stated by the previous owners and in fact had been sold to me in an un-Airworthy condition and imported to the US! After a month, the FAA notified me that US Registration was being processed and asked what N number I wished to use.
Hope this helps,
JJ