Old July 21st 19, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default No LXNav TrafficView Manual???

So my Flarmview SD card is shot.Â* I recall there were a few folders and
other files on the card as delivered.Â* I have a flarm.flx file which
I've installed on a clean SD card.

Can anyone tell me what else should be on the SD card and where I can
find it?Â* I've found nothing at the lxnav.com website.

On 7/20/2019 7:41 PM, Dan Marotta wrote:
It played together well.Â* But I didn't have a current flarmnet file so
I downloaded, converted, and installed the file on the SD card which
came with the device.Â* Now the device won't turn on.Â* I tried with a
different SD card and it did turn on.Â* I've brought the SD cards home
and will try to figure out what went wrong.

I'm very happy with the Flarmview and the manual is available on the
LXNav website.Â* There was also a copy of the user manual on the USB
stick included with the device.

On 7/20/2019 9:16 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
Just a shout out to LXNav...

I just received a Flarmview yesterday and, before picking it up at
the post office, I sat at home with my cable building tools but was
unable to get a cable to test properly.Â* When I opened the Flarmview
there was a flat cable included with an RJ-45 connector on one end
and an RJ-11 on the other, a pretty good start.

At the airport, I opened the panel of my Stemme, found the cable
splitter that I'd installed a couple of years ago to split the signal
from my PowerFlarm portable, one leg to my ClearNav and the other to
a K6-BT to send a Bluetooth signal to my wife's Streak/XCSoar.Â* I
removed one cable from the splitter's output and connected the
Flarmview, powered up and...Â* It worked!Â* So I disabled the Bluetooth
channel in the Streak, pulled the glider out and went flying.

I was so happy seeing a target on the Flarmview before takeoff that I
did not notice that the ClearNav was no longer displaying targets.Â*
Late in the flight I noticed that the ClearNav was not displaying a
lowercase "f", indicating connectivity with the Flarm,
Â*so I thought it might be a setup problem with the Flarmview blocking
the ClearNav.Â* Back at the hangar, I changed the setup on the
Flarmview to make it a slave peripheral.Â* Then I thought to enable
the Flarm channel on the Streak.Â* Yup, I'd removed the wrong cable
from the splitter.Â* The Streak was displaying Flarm traffic. So I
swapped the cables and the "f" popped up on the ClearNav.Â* I'll have
to fly it today and see how it all plays together.

On 7/20/2019 8:40 AM, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
wrote:
The new LXNav TrafficView has been available for a while now.Â* But
where the heck is the manual?

I know, I know, it is similar enough to the older FlarmView so we
can "just figure things out".Â* But a new expensive product and no
manual available at startup?Â* Really?

One thing we have all noticed is that glider specific avionics
manufacturers seem to think that manuals are an afterthought and
there is no need to update them withÂ* major software releases.

- "Manual-less" John

--
Dan, 5J