Old April 21st 04, 02:57 AM
G.R. Patterson III

kage wrote:

That depends. On the newer, about 1978, airplanes the POH and FAA approved
aircraft flight manual became more standardized. It included the weight and
balance and equipment list. This is an FAA approved document and is REQUIRED
in the airplane during flight.

I have a 1995 Maule. There is a list of all of the equipment that was available for
the aircraft. Just like there was a list for my 1969 Cessna 150 of all available
equipment. The equipment my Maule had installed when it left the factory is checked
off on that list. Equipment added later is not checked off on that list, even for
those items added *by the factory* at a later time.

As I said, there is *no requirement* for any current equipment list, at least for
small planes. Logbook entries for additions are the way nearly everyone does it,
including Maule Air.

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".