Old February 22nd 05, 09:23 PM
Robert Ehrlich

Robert Danewid wrote:

Hey, hey...

In Sweden we do cloud flying a lot!! But we very seldom use
horizons. A real glider pilot fly clouds on a T&B and an
uncompensated vario. That is how we teach people the art of
cloud flying.

/Robert

basils27 skrev:
Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with the various solid state
horizons on the market. Are they stable, is the response quick enough, are
they reliable.

(Probably only likely to get answers from UK pilots as the rest don't cloud
fly)

As far as I know cloud flying is allowed in England, Sweden, Switzerland and
Poland. Not in France. IIRC in Poland it is something you have to learn for just
getting your licence. As I am in France, I have no answer to the original question.