Old April 26th 04, 10:54 PM
Paul Keller

I'm a glasses wearer & used a hoodlamb for all of my IFR training, and
continue use it for the occasional recurrent training and practice.
I've liked it alot--it does a very good job of blocking your
peripheral vision, you can transition very quickly and easily between
"under the hood" and VFR, notably, at the end of an ILS to minimums to
a visual landing, and, if you're practicing during the day with the
sun low on the horizon, since it's completely opaque plastic, it does
an excellent job of blocking the sun. Since it does attach to a
headset, getting it to attach to headsets with narrow speaker
stirrups, such as those on the DC H10-13.4 can be a bit of a problem.
I wrapped some electrical tape around the stirrups of my DC 13.4, and
generally do not have a problem with it staying on the headset.

--Paul Keller