Old June 1st 18, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phil Chidekel

Default Kestrel 19 info wanted.

On Friday, June 1, 2018 at 8:56:36 AM UTC-4, john firth wrote:
On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 3:56:52 PM UTC-4, Glidingstuff wrote:
Hi all

Anybody got any links to a Kestrel 19 T59D owner group,pages etc?

I have obtained a broken one for a long term project and want to obtain any info that is available re parts, mods and drawings.

I remember from somewhere talk of a one piece canopy ala DG mod.

Any info much appreciated.

E-mail me at p_buchanan(at)rocketmail.com

Cheers

Paul

Installing a separate wheel brake lever allows the spoilers to be fully extended
without being restricted and you can apply full pressure to the brake.
Make the deploy/dump handles distinctly different to touch.
BTW a wet drogue chute may be slow to deploy; repack it every flight.
JMF

Did they couple the spoilers and the wheel brake in the Kestrel 19? The 401 that I fly has a separate lever for the wheel brake... located just below the stick.

The handle for deploying the drogue chute (again, 401 S/N 48, not T59) is located on the left cockpit wall, vaguely similar in position to the release handle in the new Schleicher gliders. This is within easy reach from the spoilers/flaps, and I have been practicing grabbing it on the ground without looking. The jettison handle is on the lower right side of the instrument pod. Is this unchanged for the T59?

Needless to say, all of these handles can get pretty busy in the flare/rollout.