Old April 24th 19, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

Default Kestrel 19 info wanted.

On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 3:56:52 PM UTC-4, Glidingstuff wrote:
Hi all

Anybody got any links to a Kestrel 19 T59D owner group,pages etc?

I have obtained a broken one for a long term project and want to obtain any info that is available re parts, mods and drawings.

I remember from somewhere talk of a one piece canopy ala DG mod.

Any info much appreciated.

E-mail me at p_buchanan(at)rocketmail.com

Cheers

Paul

Glide ratio; Slingsby modestly claimed 44 so the testing shows it
up close to the Nimbus 2, the competition in 1972.
G.Burton claimed that the wing root fillet solved the root flow
separation ( on the 17); 250 lbs of ballast made it go noticeably better.
( first 750KM in N. America)
John F