Old April 24th 19, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ripacheco1967

Default Sun Protection While Soaring - UPF 50+ Clothing

On Friday, April 19, 2019 at 9:44:07 AM UTC-5, JDS wrote:
While looking at the UV damage done to the gelcoat on my glider, it reminds me how much UV radiation we are exposed to while soaring. Particularly out west!

Coolibar (no affilation) is in the Sun Protection Clothing business. Take a look at their website. They are making some great products with innovative materials.

I particularly like their Andros Shirt and fingerless long gloves.
Both with UPF50+ protection.

You'd think by now the canopy would have a UV filter coating... most eyeglasses do.