Old November 28th 05, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default How to find an A&P based on cert. number?

Mike,
If the mech does not wish his address to be on public domain you can not
get it through the FAA site by using his cert number. I have contacted an
FAA at Nashville and had them get ahold to a mech friend that I did not know
his latest address and it doesn't show on the website. The FAA won't give
you his address but most times they will try to get in contact with the
person for you and give them your address and number.

Patrick
student SP
aircraft structural mech

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
Guys - we're mis-communicating. I have the guy's cert. number. I'm
trying to get an address. - Mike

On 26 Nov 2005 14:23:10 -0800, "Bret Ludwig"
wrote:

Many times it's the individual's SSN. You have the option to use that
or a random number assigned by the FAA.