Old July 5th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jonathan Goodish

Default who here works for Garmin Inc?

In article ,
Bob Noel wrote:
In article ,
Jonathan Goodish wrote:

Though I'm not Windows fan, I believe that Avidyne and others use
Windows as the foundation for their avionics systems.

I don't believe that Avidyne uses windows in any form for their PFD
or MFD products.

If they don't, it must have been a recent change. It has been a poorly
kept secret over the years that the Avidyne systems run a stripped-down
version of Windows. I believe the same is true for the MX20, though I'm
not sure how much for the MX20 Garmin retained in the new GMX200.

JKG