Old January 7th 18, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default ADS-B Update

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 6:44:26 AM UTC-8, Jeff Morgan wrote:
On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 10:28:50 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:

In an experimental glider you can use a TN72 to meet full 2020 Compliance if you choose to, that's the "SIL=3" install documented in the TN72 installation guide. For type certified gliders an actual TSO-C145c GPS source is required like the TN70.

Ok, so where does that leave a glider with an Experimental glider with a Trig 21?

I think I can reasonably avoid places like Reno and Spokane for now, just want other aircraft to see me.

Just about $900 short of compliance?