Old February 15th 08, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbusgb

Default Need GPS flight logs in NMEA format...

On 14 Feb, 13:13, "mich" wrote:
software too. You can connect the PDA to the simulator PC in exactly
the same way it would be done in the aircraft and then fly the
simulator using the PDA for nav. Gets you used to all the

Please explain this a little bit.

Thnx,
Condor pilot ;-)

Make sure you have a serial port on your PC an original one or a USB /
Serial convertor works as well.

Go into Condor setup ( where you set the joysticks, graphics and other
options )
Click on the options tab
Tick the box that enables NMEA output
Select your output port.

When you fly condor you will have NMEA coming out of the seral port,
Condor has implemented a stream similar to a Colibri/LX160 output so
you have vario and GPS data present.

Conect the PDA to the Serial port on the PC and fire up your favorite
flight software, I use SeeYou mobile and SeeYou but the proceedure is
the same for any other software.

Now you can spend fruitfull hours flying about and getting to know
your PDA functionality really well without any danger.

It also lets you sort out what you need to do for task declarations
and uploads etc. Takes all the stress out of life when its at the
airfield and for real!

Have a look at http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/thum..._album=7634186

I think we are under under utilising simulators as a training aid. The
trend is starting and I can see every club having at least a PC based
sim for supporting training in the future.

PS: Any comments about the state of my workstation will be ignored!

Ian