Old July 28th 03, 02:14 AM
Jim Cate

Default Novice Questions, FS2002, 2004

As a novice regarding FS applications, could someone give me some basic
information about the following:

What major improvements and changes are expected for FS2004? I
understand that it will include a number of new aircraft, but will there
also be improvements in the realism and flight response, etc., and in
the resolution of the graphics?

I have Windows XP, 520 Mgs of RAM, and a "WingMan" Logitech force
feedback joystick. - Is this a reasonably good choice, or should I
consider getting another joystick. Also, are there other accessories
that are normally recommended for use with MSFS?

It seems to me that this kind of program in particular would benefit
from having scenery files stored on DVD and available from a DVD player
during "flight." Does anyone know if DVD backup scenery files are
being considered for flight simulator programs, or for other
applications? I've been told that DVD games, virtual tours, etc., are
in development and should be available soon, but I haven't seen any.

Thanks,
Jim