Old February 9th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default NTSB Goes to Fewer Crashes

by John R Feb 8, 2006 at 11:12 PM

"The consequences are, you're going to miss some things," said Gene
Doub, a former NTSB accident investigator who teaches at University of
Southern California. "Every one of these are not just dumb pilots. Some
are airspace-system or training issues or airworthiness issues."

"Training issues" indeed. I went on the EAA website yesterday for the
first time. A sport pilot license with just a state issued drivers
license for the medical and just 20 hours of instruction, including 5
solo.

Gimme a break! I don't care if they are restricted to daytime hours, no
x-countrys, etc. They can't be safe, esp in airports that have busy
patterns.

The mid-air yesterday: wonder if the person flying the experimental was a
"sport pilot."

I'm seriously surprised that the people here are not appalled at how easy
the FAA has made it for hacks to get into the air.