Old September 30th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Default cost to install engine analyzer (4 cyl)?

Bob Noel wrote:

In article ,
B A R R Y wrote:

dlevy wrote:

Anyone had a 4 cylinder engine analyzer installed lately? I'm thinking
about an EDM-700 on a Lycoming O-320-E2C in a Beech Musketeer and was
wondering about install costs.

If you hear off-forum, please post it here.

I'm curious, as mine might be similar, an O-360 in a Sundowner.

Thanks!

fwiw - a number of years ago an avionics shop charged me about 16 hours of
labor to install in my cherokee 140.

It took me about 20 hours to install an EDM-700 with EGT,CHT,oil temp,
and carb temp probes on my Cherokee Six. It isn't hard work, just very
time consuming. If you are at all handy, I'd suggest you find a
mechanic that will let you do the install under his supervision. You'll
get it in the way you want it, learn stuff about your plane and save
some money (well if you don't count the value of your time anyway).