Old November 8th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell

Default Metal cutting bandsaw problem

"Denny" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Nov 8, 4:47 am, " wrote:
On Nov 7, 6:03 am, Anthony W wrote:

Anybody here have any experience with one of these critters? I bought
Jet 1/2 HP last month for cutting aluminum. The saw looks to be of
exceptional quality for being Taiwanese and I'm overall pleased with
how
it's made but assembling it was less than fun (getting the legs on was
bitch...)

My aluminum supplier recommended a 4-6 variable pitch blade but the
closest blade I could was was a 6-8 pitch. Well it cuts like crazy now
rather than loading up but the problem I'm having is the shavings from
cutting get into the wheels of the saw and jam it up. So far I've been
able to blow the shavings away with a stream of air from an air nozzle.
Any one know of a better way to solve this problem or any other tips
for cutting aluminum with this saw?

Tony

I just lurk here. Post this on rec.crafts.metalworking where I hang
out.
Karl

We cut a fair amount of aluminum and use the bandsaw... We also use
the table saw and with a fine tooth blade it does a fine job... We
prefer the table saw for flat work, ripping sheet stock, etc......
denny

Indeed. I have cut a lot of 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 aluminum plate with a skill
saw. Just get a good full face shield.