Old November 1st 11, 09:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BruceGreeff

Default refinishing Ventus 2cm- wing profile

The joys of ever advancing computer computational power.
As things have become possible to calculate so the glider wings get more
complex. The current crop of 18m ships are currently approaching thirty
profiles over the ~8.7m of wing...

They generally blend the transition from one to the next, but you
certainly can't measure a station and extrapolate further out or inboard.

Yes they are not all made in CNC machined steel female mounds like the
JS1 - and even there I am sure there is manufacturing variation, but you
would have to think carefully before re-profiling significantly. Easy to
disimprove things.

On 2011/10/31 4:51 PM, Rick Walters wrote:
On Oct 30, 3:40 pm, wrote:
Can anyone help with the wing profile data for a Ventus 2cm? I need
the numerical data and if possible someone who could make templates on
a CNC. I have contacted US dealer with no response. Ken

Ken

SH does not publish their airfoil data, or glide polars for that
matter.
The Ventus airfoil has changed in subtle ways since the 1981 a/b model
introduction.
The most notable changes have been a sharper leading edge and a
thinner profile near the wingtip,
which showed up on the V2a/b and C models. Take Bob's advice and sand,
smooth, and polish.

Rick

--
Bruce Greeff