Old August 21st 04, 12:06 PM
Roy Smith

Default Jet Seaplanes???

The NY Times web site every day highlights a historical front page
article from today's date in an earlier year. Today's is from August
21, 1959, when Hawaii became the 50th state.

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/gene.../0821.html?dpc

But, what really caught my eye is another headline reading, "Navy Drops
Jet Seaplanes; Program Cost 400 Million". I can barely make out the
sub-headline, but I think it reads, "9 of the 14 Craft Ordered Have Been
Delivered. 'Technical Difficulties' Called Factor in Cancellation."
The text of the article is unreadable.

Jet Seaplanes? Sounds kind of neat. Anybody know anything more about
these?