Old February 4th 11, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

Default Komet trailer tongue

On Feb 3, 8:24*pm, JS wrote:
* There is a damper inside the tongue. Eventually it fails, and these
noises are probably an indicator of that. On the Wings And Wheels
website Tim has put a diagram and some directions on how to replace
this part. I have replaced a couple of these on Cobra trailers.
* The tongue is manufactured by Alko, and there are many different
shocks so contact the Komet distributor with information on the
trailer year and all the numbers on the tongue that you can find.
Jimhttp://www.wingsandwheels.com/Tongue%20detail.htm

On my Eberle I removed the strut and had the Monroe rep match it to
one of their steering struts. It was slightly different than the old
German version but works great. I researched the German version by
the info stamped on the housing. It turns out the company now builds
stabilizers for tanks. My strut was long ago out of production! Now
it is all smoooth sailing.

Lane