Old June 2nd 05, 04:37 PM
Ross Richardson

Hi all,
I seem to remember a few years back there was a program run by one of
the airlines where for a fee of around $1500 or so you would go and
train for a weekend on a Boeing 737 and at the end you would actually
get to fly one for half an hour or so.

Does anyone know if that program still exists? Any links would be
appreciated.
Thanks,
Hish

Before 9/11 I had the opportunity to go to the American Airlines
training center near DFW with a AA captain I know. While sitting in the
F-100 simulator an instructor came in with a training crew. But, he let
me "fly' the full motion simulator and make an approach into Chicago
O'Hare. What a thrill. The hard part was taxing with that little "wheel"
and being so far out in front.

--
Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP