Old January 9th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default IO540 baffle repair

Last week I found the baffle on our left engine's #6 cylinder had broken the
bracket off the bottom of the baffle. The bracket holds a long skinny
tension/stabilizer rod between the #6 cylinder baffle and the #2 cylinder
baffle.

From what I can tell, the bracket simply needs to be rivited back on to the
baffle, however the baffle will have to be removed to accomplish this. I
have yet to pull the top cowl so I can actually see how the baffle is
attached.

Does anybody have any experience removing this particular baffle? I'm sure
it would have to be removed before the #6 cylinder could be pulled.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Jim