Old October 11th 03, 06:28 AM
Jim Fisher

"Michael Nouak" wrote in message
"Jim Fisher" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .
snip
searching his logbook for the N-numbers (that were not actually N

numbers
as
they did not have "N's" back then) I searched the FAA database and

located

So what did they have? NCs? Surely they must have had some sort of
Nationality mark?

It wasn't really needed back in the late 40's when my dad flew. It was only
later on that planes from other countries started showing up with enough
frequency to cause confusion. That's my guess, anyway.

In any case, the FAA (called the CAA at the time) eventually began requiring
"N" in front of the registration number.

Anyone know what year that requirement was made?
--
Jim Fisher