Old December 5th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jonny

Default Vinyl letters in foreign language

Fly wrote:
Anybody here have a sign shop or know about cutting vinyl letters?

I'm a graphic designer.

So we thought about getting the letters cut out in vinyl...

Great - easy to do.
Cutter is computer driven and will run from many standard types of
artwork.
Usually a sign shop will have software for the cutter and they just
type your text using a standard typeface (font) and print from there.
Most versions of this type of software will also handle picture files
of different types - best of all vector .eps files from drawing
programs such as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator.

but None of the local sign shops are returning our calls!

Don't tell them it is in Russian! Probably freaks them out and they
won't have a standard Cyrillic typeface.
Just ask them what file types they can print from and if you can get a
match between what you can supply and what they handle you have a
winner.
Remember that programs such as Word rely on your installed fonts.
Handing your Word file to someone else doesn't mean it will work as you
see it!

Thanks for your help.

If you need any further help, contact me directly via email.