Old April 10th 20, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Best option for electric self starting glider

kinsell wrote on 4/9/2020 1:38 PM:
On 4/9/20 12:20 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Magnus wrote on 4/8/2020 7:11 AM:

Where do you find the information about the LAK 17C? I can not find any, not
even on the LAK site.

My dream is for a smaller, lighter, simpler self-launcher, but with the same
performance as my ASH26E. I considered the miniLak, AS34, and the GP15. The
miniLak did not have enough wing loading, L/D, and powered range for the
Nevada/Utah area I often fly in, and the AS34 was just as big and heavy as the
ASH26E. So, I have ordered a GP15 for delivery next year, as it promises the
best compromise. It will be a few months, maybe longer, before we know if it
begins to fulfill it's promise.

Typing "lak 17c" into Google brings up multiple results, including an Oct 2018
test flight in FB.* Also been discussed on R.A.S.

I did that, and didn't find very much information. If it's not on the factory
site, it does not seem like a good choice to consider by a pilot that wants a
glider for next year's season. But, given it's an 18 m glider, it is unlikely to
meet my "smaller, lighter, easier) criteria.