Old July 20th 04, 05:18 AM
Rich Raine

Funny you make this request... I recently returned from a 10 day trip to
Ireland. It was more beautiful than I imagined. The people were the nicest
I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

However, in my travels I never saw or heard an aircraft overhead. I mention
this to all my flying pals as an example of what I fear could happen here.
It's either over regulation or high gas prices or an intolerance for small
aircraft.

As the others have mentioned... the weather is pretty wild too... lots of
rain then clear then rain then clear etc.

--
Rich Raine

remove xxxx for email
www.eRaine.com

wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:43:52 -0700, Len
wrote:

Hey all,

I've been following this forum for quite a while and appreciate the
views and discussions that appear from this group. I've been able to
learn a lot from this group.

That being said....

Does anyone have experience flying in Ireland? I recently got my PPSEL
ticket, and I have an Irish nephew who really wants to go flying. I'll
be headed over there in August, and was wondering if anyone was familiar
with any good FBO's or have any experience with flying there with a FAA
issued license. Does anyone know if they follow CAA or ICAO standards?
Any restrictions to flying there?

Any help would be appreciated! If not newsgroup worthy, please send me
an e-mail (with the nospam removed).

Thanks

Len

You might try putting your request on uk.rec.aviation.

Meanwhile some of the following useful:

http://www.iol.ie/~asire/links.html
http://www.iaa.ie/
http://www.geocities.com/lucanflyer/
http://www.flyer.co.uk/

David

E-mail (Remove Space after pilot): pilot