Old March 7th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tim

Default equipment list?

Yes, I think I also don't have to have one - it is quite muddled. I am
making one though.

what year was that up to?

wrote:
On Mar 7, 8:58 am, Tim wrote:

It isn't exactly clear to me - the only thing I see is a reference for
it in part 23 (from Jim's earlier post)- that it has to be part of the
airplane manual. I guess then all other fars about the airplane manual
then come into play. I see nothing in part 91 about it.

I could be wrong. Not a lot of information on this. Certainly not
something that I was taught as a PP student. (And the usual FAR books
that are sold don't even have a part 23 section - I had to look it up
online)

One of thing that confuses this issue is that Part 23 requirements
do not apply to aircraft certified under the old CAR3 regulations.
As I recall, CAR3 did not require a current equipment list, although
some manufacturers (Piper in my case) provided a serialized "Airplane
Flight Manual" that contained an equipment list. My old (CAR3) 172
did not have one.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)