Old September 13th 04, 05:10 PM
Krztalizer

Without getting between you and Kevin who appear to be having a lot of
good ol' classic RAM fun, let me state that Robin was not stationed at
Luke in the '70s and was not a member or squadron commander of the
Nickel.

I've spent days going over this in my head trying to figure out how I could be
THIS wrong and the best assumption I can come to is that my thirty year old
memories of an event from my childhood combined more than one visit to Luke
into a single event. I know we were introduced to General Olds, but as a kid,
I had known of him as a Colonel, so that is how he stayed in my memory. It
would not surprise me if they introduced him as the former commanding officer
of the 555th, and I dropped the word 'former' somewhere in the past three
decades, or he could have been standing at the elbow of the CO of the 555th and
I got it wrong over the years. We were visiting the 555th and that is where
the "ready room" (I was Navy long enough that any room reserved for pilots with
rows of chairs and photos of gun cam footage all over the place, plaques, etc.,
gets lumped under the heading of "ready room" regardless of what the correct
USAF term may be) event took place.

But, it isn't inconceivable that visiting Luke at the time, you might
have encountered Robin on some sort of visit as well.

You're fortunate to have met one of the great ones.

I agree, Ed. And if you ever make BGen, I apologize in advance for recalling
you as a Colonel.

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR

Its always better to lose -an- engine, not -the- engine.