Old September 25th 05, 03:13 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 00:32:36 GMT, john smith wrote:

I always call on the handheld to get my clearance prior to engine start.
That way, if there is a delay, I am not paying to keep the engine
running while I wait.

The way I've been taught, that is certainly your option. My posting was
that many, including myself, do not do so routinely and that appears to be
in conflict with the AIM.

In the US, have you ever received a clearance that includes a clearance to
start you engine? (which was the thrust of my original question). The
only time that has occurred to me was at BOS and only at a time when the
requirement to call CD prior to engine start was clearly stated on the
ATIS.