Old December 19th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Default Is this even legal??

Viper.. I flew the Chicago Air and Water show a couple of years.. back in
the early 90s..
Those out with the boat races complained that they could not hear their
boats when we did our routine.
Enjoy..
BT (Ret USAF, B-1)

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
I was involved peripherally in an airshow with the Thunderbirds, and have
been in displays at many others in the back scenes, hanging around in the
ops buildings, etc. There is a mountain of paperwork that is required for
the demo teams, and the FAA is always closely involved. There is always a
safety zone on either the ground or water, and typically a police or Coast
Guard boat ends up being show center in the water. (actually I got an
invite to sit in the show center boat for the Chicago Air and Water show
this year- I can hardly wait!)