Old March 9th 17, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pennsylvania Ridge Day Sat Mar 4, 2017 - HRRR Model and GOESVisible Data

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 11:34:11 PM UTC-5, WaltWX wrote:
On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 7:31:13 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 5:40:12 PM UTC-5, WaltWX wrote:
Walt Rogers WX

Walt so where do you get the PBL height graphics with the altitudes in feet? The HRRR site I only see altitudes in meters.

Using Unidata's Integrated Data Viewer IDV and the gridded files from NWS, it's easy. Just use a pull down menu to change units from m to ft. Also, the gridded files for pbl height are in meters agl. One has to find the model grid and add that in for msl values. Learning how to use IDV and do all this takes a bit of time.

Walt WX

Learning required? ok nevermind ;-) I'm done learning for the foreseeable future = a week or so.
Chris