Old March 13th 05, 05:59 AM
FatKat

I'm still confused about what kind of games you're looking for? Combat
sims or civil? Survey, stand-alone? Modern or older? Hardcore or
arcade-y?

For a machine of your specs, I'd recommend the first CFS and FS98. For
modern combat, I'd recommend "EF2000 V2" or TAW, the latter being an
F-22 sim that allows you to alternate between fighting from the cockpit
or from the theater level. I'd also recommend the first Longbow game
for a chopper sim. You may not be able to run Jane's F-18, but F-15
should be well playable, as was Grapsim's F-18 (both being in-depth
sims). I'd be surprised if you could get decent performance with
anything more sophisticated.

wrote:
Does anyone have sources that list simulators by system specs?
My laptop is older, and I have _zero_ luck in finding games and
reviews based on what my old system can run.
There must be a site somewhere that allows one to filter flight

sims
based on the specific system.

Specs: Thinkpad 600E, PII 333, 128Mb RAM, 2.5Mb VRAM, Win98SE.

As you can see, only older games will work, and since this is a
laptop, I can't easily upgrade the video card without a docking

station
(which I don't have). I am fine with older games, since there is
nothing wrong with them (though I'd love to be able to play Aces

High,
LOC, etc.). I'm having trouble finding the latest games that my comp
will still run...

I am still in the dark ages: for reference, I really like the

ancient
A-10 Cuba

Thanks for any thoughts.