Old July 13th 04, 04:26 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
As I've said, the pilots I've checked coming out of these "crash courses
for the Private" were safe enough, but lacked the overall abilities of
pilots who had gone through a normal process

I'm not a CFI so I don't really know what I am talking about but this is
usenet so here goes anyway(!!!)...It is my impression that, right or wrong,
most students are trained to proficiency in each task and then they are
moved on to the next task. When they have adequate proficiency to pass the
checkride they are signed off to take it. Most students (guessing here
again) are mature enough to recognize their limitations and use their PP
certificate to expand their capabilities and continue to expand their
knowledge as well so the fact that they are not meteorologists or FAR
lawyers doesn't put them at undue risk.

If this is the case, there shouldn't be a major difference between the
"traditional" method and the "accelerated".

Mike
MU-2