Old August 11th 04, 03:24 PM
Effie Andree Wiltens

"Morgans" asked...
It was my understanding that a "taxi to_ _ runway" gives permission to
cross all other runways, except the runway that you have been given
clearance to. Right, or wrong?

Uhm, perhaps I can venture a remark here. When I was flying at KHPN,
where multi-runway use is not uncommon, I was told that it was not
necessary to obtain crossing clearance on the way to the active runway
I was cleared for. I'm used to more stringent runway infringement
rules in other countries, I guess, and since it's no trouble to me I
always stopped short of any runway and asked for clearance to cross at
my position. It's a big busy airport, after all, and it is possible
for some light arircraft popping up from behind the trees not seeing
me in time.
Sometimes ATC was annoyed at having to deal with my "unnecessary
call", but I still think it's a good practice. Better safe than
sorry...

--FE