Old August 11th 04, 07:54 PM
Richard Russell

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:05:00 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Richard Russell" wrote in message
.. .
Went to RDG the other day because it had been too long since I went to
a towered field and I needed the radio practice. I was directed to
fly right base to 36 and landed uneventfully.

-----Snip
Should he have
been more clear or should I have assumed that he wanted me to take all
three taxiways because that's what you have to do to get there? I
wouldn't have bothered him except for my paranoid vision of a
potential runway incursion at 31. Thanks.

Rich Russell

It was my understanding that a "taxi to_ _ runway" gives permission to
cross all other runways, except the runway that you have been given
clearance to. Right, or wrong?

That is correct. If the tower had more accurately described my taxi
route I would not have had any hesitation about crossing the
"non-active" runway on the way to 36. In fairness to the tower, they
probably recognize this as the being the best (maybe the only-I don't
have the diagram handy now) route to 36. Had I been a RDG regular,
I'm sure there would be no issue here. As it is, I'm merely a low
time pilot that flies mostly into uncontrolled, single runway fields.
The "problem" here was my comfort level, or lack thereof.
Rich Russell