Old October 14th 13, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Crack canopy at the sliding glass screw hole.

Canopy maintenance question...

I have a chip (about 1/8" X 3/8") on the edge of the canopy where it meets the forward edge of the sliding window. The chip does not go all the way through the thickness of the canopy.

I'm thinking that a crack might eventually develop from this chip and that maybe I should sand the chip smooth or put a dab of "glue" on the chipped edge?? Both? Or should I just leave it alone?

Since the glider is new_to_me I do not know how long the chip has been there or how it happened. I don't know if the chip happened while I was owner of the glider or before.

Suggestions welcome. What glue to use, etc..?