Old April 3rd 18, 11:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default SLA batteries opinions?

On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 1:47:02 AM UTC-4, krasw wrote:
tiistai 3. huhtikuuta 2018 2.16.45 UTC+3 kirjoitti:
The theoretical number of times the batteries of each type can be cycled is irrelevant if they will die of old age in a number of years, even if that's 10+ years for LiFePO4 and only 3-4 years for SLA in my use.

In my experience lifetime of LFP is not better than SLA. My first battery died completely in 6 months, second had much reduced capacity after 2 seasons. Idea that chinese LFPs last thousand cycles or decade is just false.

5 full seasons on a bioenno 12 AH LFP battery. 30 or 40 cycles a year to around half charge. It tested last week at 11.5 AH. Just my experience. Quite happy with it.

T8