Old July 22nd 03, 10:43 AM
Montblack

Default OSH - the chair thing

A little longish - sorry.

Oshkosh question from a first timer: Staying at the dorm, will have car
available - if needed.

I want to sit on a (2) regular stackable plastic deck chairs and watch
planes depart after the air show, etc - I heard this is the real show g.
Two chairs works good for me, elevating my bad leg on one of the chairs.

Are these OK to bring in? At the PGA Championship last year in Minnesota, I
noticed the signs that stated they only allowed armless folding/portable
chairs. Different deal, but there it is - chair rules.

So, how might I get these two stackable plastic chairs "in" and set aside
for use later on in the day? Is this a practical idea? I've got 4 of these
chairs that someone put out in my neighborhood, on trash day, so I could
care less if I return home with them. I would like to use the chairs (x2)
throughout each day, for getting off my feet, and getting my one leg
elevated.

Any ideas on how to go about this. Portable folding chairs are NOT an
option - I hate them and they hate me.

My thought is to just carry them in through the gates, on my first day, and
wing it from there. I'm thinking I'll "share" them with some vendor booth,
then circle back and pick em up from time to time.

I'm ok just sitting (one leg up) and people watching for an hour, three
times a day.

When, and where, should I go for the post air show ...departure show? (I'll
be the guy carrying two plastic stackable chairs - if they haven't found a
new owner by that time in the day)

Bus rides with plastic deck chairs shouldn't be a problem, I'll tape a blue
handicap sign on the stackable chairs and show the driver my scar. Driver
won't argue with "the scar".

So Oshkosh veterans, how would you do the Montblack chair thing? Thanks.

--
Montblack