Old March 21st 04, 10:16 PM
C J Campbell

wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:00:33 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

We could return to an existence where airplanes, motorcycles, leaf

blowers,
boom boxes, jet skis and all other noisy artifacts of civilization were
banned, but that would be tantamount to a ban on civilization itself.

So you don't see any possible technological solution to reducing
aircraft generated noise?

I am not sure how you get that out of my post. However, no amount of
technological progress is going to make us both invisible and silent. Even
if it did, there are some people who would object to the very idea that
airplanes *might* be flying right over their heads without their permission.