Old August 17th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default O200 engine

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:32:41 +0200, Philippe Vessaire
wrote:

Stealth Pilot wrote:

I search where is, in the engine, the PN 633309-8 (bearing needle).
I don't found yet in the IPC...

have you munged that part number?
633609-8 is a 'bearing, needle' which the overhaul manual puts as item
-21B on the drawing for that section.
if you flip back a page to figure 3 you'll find it on the item that
inserts on the lower left case half on the drawing.

I've never pulled it apart so I'm not sure what it is.

I think you are right.... but only an item number, no drawing.... It's
why I don't see.

thanks again.

what you need is a copy of the

Continental Aircraft Engines
Series C-75,85,90 & O-200
Service Parts Catalogue

this has exploded views of the group assemblies and a breakdown of the
parts that go into each assembly.

I just discovered that my read of the exploded view missed something.
the needle bearing in question is part of the starter clutch assembly.

if you cant find a copy I could scan it and sent a copy by email.
it is 58 pages.

Stealth Pilot