Old May 4th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Jacks

The nicest jacks that I've used are the name brand yellow jacks (sorry, I
can't think of the name) They have spring loaded casters, a safety collar
with spring loaded safety pin, and two threaded knobs to stabilize the lift
tube. Longer tubes and extensions can be purchased for different airplanes,
you can make them taller, but you can't make them shorter.

Make sure you check to see if the jacks can be positioned so the jack frames
don't interfere with the gear doors or a extension/retraction. Also be sure
that this position allows you access to the handle and release valve but not
in such a way that it forces you to be under the airplane.

Also, don't forget the tail stand.

Jim

"Dico" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

Our mechanic suggested we buy a set of jack for our plane with another
couple of people at the airport. Can anyone recommend or direct me to
what I should be getting? We have a Twin Comanche and the other plane
is Baron 55.

Thanks,

-dr