Old March 15th 04, 02:15 AM
Jay Honeck

In other words, we expect crime to cease, given enough punishment.

Nobody expects that in the general sense; only in the specific. If the

Bible is
to be believed, we've had crime with us since the second generation of

man. Even
back when God himself was levying the punishments, it didn't go away.

Punishment alone doesn't always work, true enough.

However, I'm probably the wrong person to talk to about rehabilitating
criminals, as I have no patience with dishonorable people.

I've always subscribed to the "life imprisonment without parole" school of
criminal justice for virtually every major crime.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA