Old August 4th 03, 01:29 PM
Viperdoc

I'm not sure I understand the discussion on DC voltage converters. I
currently have XM radio in my 28v plane, but the radio runs on 6 volts, so I
use an inverter to connect to the AC plug. Is it possible to get a 28v
cigarette lighter adaptor to cut the voltage to 6 volts directly? It would
be nice to eliminate the inverter.

The XM radio works great in the plane- CD quality stereo sound and over 100
channels with no drop outs in reception. It connected directly to my stereo
input.

Regarding weather, I'm waiting for Garmin to come up with an effective
interface with their 430/530, which is what they plan for the 1000. It'll
make the GDL 49 look like something from the stone age. The iPAQ/PC/GPS
combinations take a lot of wires and connections, as seen at OSH. Even the
Garmin reps admit that the GDL 49 left a lot to be desired.

How about satellite radio and real time weather all displayed on a Garmin
430/530 (the antennas are the same)?