Old January 19th 20, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Thompson[_2_]

Default Lowest power tow

I believe the benchmark lowest power tow was by a 1600 VW powered D31
Turbulent, from the Tiger Club at Redhill, UK, in the 1960's. A 15m
Slingsby Dart
was the victim. The tow was never repeated.

At 19:09 19 January 2020, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 10:30:51 PM UTC-7,
wro=
te:
What's the lowest power tow plane you've ever seen or towed by? An

Examin=
er of mine said his was a C150 with 100hp. I also once saw paperwork for
an=
85hp Luscombe to tow.

Essex & Suffolk GC had an Auster A5J and a Rollason Condor D.62C (130hp).

=
After a mishap with the Auster, the club acquired another Condor D.62A
(100=
hp). The A version only towed single seaters. I could see the stall
warni=
ng light going on and off in the Condor panels at times from the glider
end=
..