Old September 26th 04, 10:37 AM
Dave Kearton

"Douglas Greville" wrote in message
| Hello
|
| I have a German friend who own s a Kettenkrad and he has seen quite
| a few photos and models showing a KK towing a 262 by the nosewheel.
|
| However it says in the pilot's manual and on the nose wheel doors
| of the IWM's 262 "Nicht am Bugrad schleppen" (do not tow by the nose
| wheel).
|
| So, since there are no details around and no pictures of the correct
| way to do it. What was the correct way?
|
| Regards
| Doug

I don't know the answer to your dilemma, however, there is a picture of the
beast towing a 262 by the nosewheel here.

http://www.kettenkrad.de/bildere.htm

I also have a picture in a book, that I may have posted to a.b.p.a of a
262 with what _looks_ to be a towbar attatched to the nosewheel axle.

Cheers

Dave Kearton